You would like
Visiting the State Apartments
Marvelling at the castle’s grandeur
Exploring a royal residence
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Opening hours 9:30 AM - 5:15 PM , 9:45 AM - 4:15 PM
Explore Windsor Castle and visit the State Apartments with your ticket to Windsor, the royal family’s official residence!
Take a look around the oldest inhabited castle in Europe! Built 900 years ago, Windsor Castle is a medieval fortress, which has been home to kings and queens of England for centuries.
You can wander round the imposing building at your own pace, from the round tower to Saint George’s Chapel, via the cloister, north terrace and the Edward III tower.
You will also get the chance to visit the State Apartments. In these apartments, you will see successive masterpieces and treasures from the Royal Collection. Enter the rooms where official receptions hosted by the royal family take place.
When the Queen is at home, the flag flies over Windsor and the Changing of the Guard takes place every day.
Good to know
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
- Windsor Castle is accessible for people with reduced mobility
- The castle is located at the top of a steep hill. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Last admission to the castle is at 4pm in the summer and 3pm in the winter
- Your ticket is for one admission only; you cannot reuse it
- Between 2 hrs. 30 mins and 3 hrs. should be allowed to see the whole castle
- Saint George’s Chapel is closed on Sunday and during religious celebrations
- When the Queen is in residence and during preparation for official visits, some parts of the castle may be closed to the public
- Airport-style security checks will be carried out at the castle entrance
- Photos and videos are forbidden in the State Apartments, Saint George’s Chapel and the semi-state apartments
- Smoking and vaping are forbidden
- Admission to Windsor Castle
- The audio guide for the tour
Price doesn’t include
- Transport to Windsor
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras