You would like
The classical music concert
The most famous of Mozart and Strauss’s compositions
The Schönbrunn Palace and Orangery
The emotions and feelings created by the music and the mythical site
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Duration 2 hours 15 minutes
Enjoy the melodies and rhythm of the most famous Austrian classical compositions at the Schönbrunn Palace!
Every night, the Palace’s Orangery is the site of musical performances by the Viennese Orchestra of the Schönbrunn Palace and the Schönbrunn Chamber Music ensemble. The choice of the site is reminiscent of the numerous and luxurious festivals that were organized by the Habsburg Dynasty and would take place at the palace.
Part and parcel of the Palace life since 1997, these concerts play melodies composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss. You will have the chance to hear The Marriage of Figaro, The Magic Flute and Don Giovanni. Let your mind be swept away by the waltzes, the opera melodies, ballets and polkas like the King of the Waltzes or The Radetzky March.
You will also assist in the performances of opera singers and ballet dancers in period costumes.
The concert will transport you to another world thanks to the brilliant melodies and performers!
Good to know
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
- January 1: 4pm to 8:30pm
- - January 2 to December 23 and December 25 to December 30: 8:30pm
- December 24: 3pm
- December 31: 7pm
- The concert includes a 15/20 minutes intermission
- Until 31 March 2019 the concert will be held in the 'White and Gold' room, situated inside the castle: no ballets will be taking place during this period and the VIP category won't be available
- In April, the concert will be held in the Grand Galerie which is also inside the castle: no ballets will be taking place in April either
- In May onwards, the concert will be held on the Orangerie
- After the concert, taxis will be available outside the palace
- Admission to the concert
Price doesn’t include
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Tips and All other purchases
- Cloakroom (1€ per person)