You would like
Enter Vatican City before general opening
Breakfast in the della Pigna courtyard: an exclusive experience!
Commentary by your specialised tour guide
Tours in a small group for more comfort
See the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel without the crowds
Essential information *
Duration 3 hours 45 minutes
Starting time 7:30 AM
Spend an exceptional morning on this VIP guided tour of Vatican City.
You will meet your guide near the entrance of Vatican City, well before it opens for the public. Your guide will let you enter the Vatican Museums, and take you to the della Pigna courtyard, inside the large Apostolic Palace complex.
Once you arrive to this immense open-top courtyard, you will enjoy a unique moment: a buffet breakfast at the heart of the Vatican Palace. You will savour specialities with fresh products coming directly from the Pope's farm!
After eating, you will follow your guide to discover the Vatican Museums. You will pass by various galleries, tapestries... You will see Raphael's Rooms before reaching the Sistine Chapel.
While the public is still waiting for the Museums to open, you will have the time to marvel at the famous ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo.
Finally, your guide will take you to see the treasures of St. Peter's Basilica. You will see the Pietà by Michelangelo and the altar of the Basilica.
At the end of your visit, you will have seen the essentials of Vatican City in a unique way, as few people have experienced it before!
Good to know
- Seasonal activity: Available Monday to Saturday from April to October only (excluding exceptional activities)
- Departure: Vatican Museums
- The visit will take place in a group of up to 13 people
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- When visiting places of worship you should not wear flip-flops, shorts, sleeveless shirts, or clothes that are inappropriate for a religious location. Skirts should be below the knee
- On Wednesdays, St. Peter's Basilica may be inaccessible to public due to Papal audience. It can also be closed for religious ceremonies. In this event, your guide will let you discover other rooms of the Vatican Museums instead
- This activity is not accessible for people with reduced mobility
- Pushchairs are not allowed
- Suitcases, backpacks, wide bags, tripods, parasols and umbrellas are not accepted in the Vatican Museums
- In case of bad weather, the breakfast will take place inside instead of in the della Pigna courtyard
- You are allowed to take pictures without flash in the Vatican Museums, but they are completely forbidden in the Sistine Chapel
- It is forbidden to talk and take photos in the Sistine Chapel
- Access before the opening grants you access to the Vatican Museums before the general opening, but at the same time as special openings for tour operators
- According to the group's composition, you will be provided with headphones so that you can hear your guide at all times
- The visit to the Vatican Museums lasts around 2 hours and 30 minutes
- The visit will end at St. Peter's Basilica
- Please be advised that St. Peter’s Basilica will not be accessible until further notice due to Covid restrictions.
- Breakfast at the Vatican Museums
- Services of a specialised English-speaking guide
- Access to the Vatican Museums before general opening
- Guided visit to the Vatican Museums
- Access to the Sistine Chapel before general opening
- La visite guidée de la Basilique Saint Pierre
Price doesn’t include
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Any food/drinks not included with the package
- Tips (optional)
- Any other extras