You would like
A beautiful escape to Umbria
Visit a place of pilgrimage
Commentary by an experienced guide
Essential information *
Duration 12 hours
Starting time 7:30 AM
Escape for a day in the beautiful Umbria region, only 100km from Rome! This day trip allows you to discover the medieval town of Assisi.
The second most popular place of pilgrimage in Italy, Assisi is home to the tomb of Saint Francis. Surrounded by ramparts, this medieval town with its houses built in pink brick has unique appeal.
Accompanied by your guide, you will visit the numerous religious buildings in the town including the Basilica of Saint Francis, the Basilica of Saint Mary of the Angels and the Basilica of Santa Chiara.
Take a stroll down the narrow streets full of flowered balconies and magnificent houses to soak in the town's authentic Italian charm.
You will then enjoy a lunch break in a restaurant in the old town and try local specialties before continuing your tour of this important Christian pilgrimage site.
Good to know
- Seasonal activity: available Monday and Saturday from May to September
- Departure point: Via Einaudi
- Comfortable footwear recommended
- Depending on the nationality of participants, the tour may be conducted in more than 1 language
- Given the cultural and religious nature of the sites visited, you are asked to not wear flip flops, shorts, above-the-knee skirts or sleeveless tops
- Return transport by bus from Rome to Assisi
- Tours of the Saint Francis Basilica and the Santa Maria degli Angeli Basilica
- Commentary by a professional guide
- Guided tour of Assisi
Price doesn’t include
- Drinks with lunch
- Tips (optional)
- Any other extras