You would like
The guided visit of the Saint Peter's Basilica
The commentary from an expert guide
Discover the biggest Catholic Church in the world
The magnificent Renaissance architecture and the marble and bronze decorations
Essential information *
Duration 1 hour 15 minutes
Starting time 9:30 AM , 10:30 AM , 11:30 AM , 1:30 PM , 2:30 PM , 3:30 PM , 4:30 PM
Visit the monumental St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican, Rome, with an expert guide.
Your guide will meet you in St. Peter’s Square and lead you to the priority entrance of the Basilica. Step into the largest Catholic Church in the world, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The full history of the first Catholic place of worship built in the Renaissance period will be revealed to you. The building’s vast dome, which dominates Rome’s skyline, is particularly remarkable.
During the tour, your guide will present to you:
- Michelangelo’s masterpiece The Pietà
- The tomb of the church’s founder, St. Peter
- The tomb of Pope John Paul II
- The confession booth
- Bernini’s baldacchino
- And much more
As well as the awe-inspiring size of the basilica, you’ll be equally impressed by the profusion of decorations and luxurious ornaments crafted from marble and bronze.
Included in your visit you will receive Vox City Guide of Rome.
VCG is an audio-experiences selfguided visit of the city of Rome with audio commentary and stories from local experts. Visitors will be able to enjoy and learn hundreds of points of interest, local attractions and hidden gems, and get advice on the best photo locations and information on Wi-Fi hotspots. Advanced navigation includes public transport routes and walking tours and works offline, which means there are no roaming charges.
The code to download your VCG will be delivered directly at the Basilica welcome desk.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 9:30am, 11:30am, 2:30pm
- Wednesday: 2:30pm
- Sunday: 1:30pm, 2:30pm
Good to know
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional cases)
- Departure point: St. Peter’s Square
- Maximum group size: 25 participants
- Out of respect for the religious nature of the sites, participants are asked not to wear flip-flops, shorts, skirts falling above the knee, sleeveless tops, or any other inappropriate clothing
- Please take into consideration that, unlike other sites in Rome, the Vatican is the active capital of the Catholic Church, and religious activities always take priority over the opening hours. Due to this fact, closures completely beyond our control can be announced at short notice. Please indicate your telephone number to enable us to contact you in case of last-minute changes
- Access to the Saint Peter's Basilica
- 1-hour guided tour of the basilica in your chosen language
- L'audioguide Vox City Guide en français de la ville de Rome
- Le prêt d'un casque audio
- Les frais de la visite guidée en groupe
Price doesn’t include
- Admission to the dome
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras