You would like
Explore the castle and exhibitions at your own pace
A superb view of Rome
L'histoire du Musée National de Castel Sant'Angelo
Essential information *
Opening hours 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Book your tickets in advance and visit Castelo Sant’Ange, Hadrian’s Mausoleum
During your visit, you’ll be able to make the most of great views of Rome while you discover this historic site that was originally constructed as a mausoleum for the Roman Emperor Hadrian.
This imposing tomb has served different functions over the years, being used as a fortress from 400 AD until it officially became Castel Sant’Angelo in 590 AD, then as a residential castle used by popes, before its reincarnation as the museum that currently occupyies the site.
Explore the labyrinth of rooms and corridors and discover the different works of art, paintings, sculptures, and remarkable furnishings that adorn its interiors.
Good to know
- Availability: every day except Monday (excluding exceptional dates)
- Opening times: 9am to 6:30pm
- Reduced tariff available for children under 18 years and European citizens aged 18 to 25 years (proof of identity required for all reduced tariffs)
- Your official ticket shows a different price than the billed price as it does not include the advance booking fee and skip-the-line supplement
- Admission to Castel Sant’Angelo
- Advance booking fees
Price doesn’t include
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras