You would like
Access to St Peters Basilica - Rome
Enjoy an independent tour
Discover the biggest church in the world
Possibility of downloading the audioguide on your smart phone
Essential information *
Duration 1 hour
Opening hours 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Visit Saint Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican’s main monument and one of the biggest churches in the world, without waiting in line!
Your tour will commence on St. Peter’s Square, from where you will be directed towards the priority entrance for fast-track access without waiting in line.
As soon as you enter the basilica, you will be captivated by its great size. Once inside, you will be able to go on an independent tour of the church at your own pace.
During the visit, you will be able to discover:
- Michelangelo’s marble masterpiece The Pietà
- The bronze statue of Saint Peter
- The tomb of Pope John Paul II
- And much more!
Due to a security check in St. Peter's Square, you will have to wait for a long time in the queue in order to access the basilica.
Take as much time as you wish to observe the basilica’s different ornaments and decorations crafted from bronze and marble.
You will be asked to indicate a provisional time frame for your visit when you book, but you can present yourself at the meeting point at the time of your preference within this time frame. However please know that your entry is guaranteed every 30 minutes so for instance if you choose the 1pm-3pm time slot you will be able to enter the Basilica at 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm, 2:30pm and 3pm.
Good to know
- Availability: every Friday and Saturday (excluding exceptional dates)
- Time: 10am till 5pm
- Departure point: Saint Peter’s Square
- Out of respect for the religious nature of the sites, participants are asked not to wear flip-flops, shorts, skirts falling above the knee, sleeveless tops, or any other inappropriate clothing
- Please take into consideration that, unlike other sites in Rome, the Vatican is the active capital of the Catholic Church, and religious activities always take priority over the public opening hours. Due to this fact, closures completely beyond our control can be announced at short notice. Please indicate your telephone number to enable us to contact you in case of last-minute changes
- To access the audioguide, you can download the VOX CITY application on your phone. You will recieve a voucher when entering the Basilica with login details and a QRCode to download the audioguide in one of the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Korean
- Access to St. Peter’s Basilica, Rome
- The dowload of the official audioguide in one of the 11 available languages
Price doesn’t include
- Admission to the dome
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras
- Earphones (you can buy them at the help desk for 1,00 Euro)