You would like
An exceptional panoramic view over Rio bay, the Sugarloaf and Copacabana beach
The trip to the top of Corcovado, passing by train through Tijuca tropical forest
Skip The Line ticket to the Christ Redeemer statue
The stop in front of Maracanã stadium for photos
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Duration 4 hours 30 minutes
Starting time 2:00 PM
A must-see! Discover the mythical Corcovado mountain where the statue of Christ the Redeemer overlooks the city of Rio de Janeiro.
After a transfer from your hotel in the centre of Rio, you will take a bus to the north of the city. The guide (or audioguide if available) will explain the different neighbourhoods and sites you will see along the way, such as Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas or the Botanical Garden.
Your first stop will be at the famous Maracanã stadium, which you can see and photograph from the outside (visit to the inside of the stadium not included). Inaugurated in 1950, for the first World Cup in Brazil, it was for a long time the biggest stadium in the world. From here you will take the bus to Rio's main attraction: the statue of Christ the Redeemer on top of Corcovado Mountain.
From the Cosme Velho station at the foot of Corcovado Mountain, you will take the train (pre-booked tickets to save time) for a 20-minute ride through the Tijuca Forest, the largest urban rainforest in the world. Once at the terminus, you have two choices to reach the top: a lift and then an escalator, or by the stairs (222 steps). At 710 meters above sea level, you will enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of most of the city: Sugarloaf, Guanabara Bay, Copacabana Beach and the entire southern area, all the way to Niteroi. You will have about 40 minutes to admire the view and the statue of Christ the Redeemer above you, and take pictures.
You will then return by train to your starting point after an unforgettable half day in Rio de Janeiro!
Good to know
- Validity: every day (except 25 December and 1 January)
- Duration: 4h30 - 5h in total, including transfers
- Departure time: 2pm (except 24 and 31 December and during Carnival: departure at 8am)
- To participate, you will need to present your voucher to the service provider on site (printed or on mobile)
- This tour is a group tour with other clients, so the bus will make several stops before starting the visits
- Transfers are available from most hotels in the São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana areas. If you are not staying at one of these hotels, please choose the nearest meeting point.
- Transfer from most hotels and places of stay in Rio (São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana)
- The services of a tour guide
- Train ticket to the top of Corcovado from Cosme Velho station
- Fast-track entry ticket to the Christ Redeemer statue
- GPS-Triggered commentary in Portuguese, English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin and Russian
Price doesn’t include
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras