You would like
Discover one of the most iconic sites in France
Visit the abbey
The view of the bay from the abbey
Informative leaflet available in 12 languages
Essential information *
Fast track ticket
Opening hours 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Visit the Mont-Saint-Michel Abbey, one of the first landmarks to be listed a UNESCO World Heritage site. Discover its history and admire the magnificent view of the bay from the monument!
An important pilgrimage site from the 8th to the 18th century, the abbey is a testament to both the religious and miltary architecture of the medieval period. Its steep rocky nature and the tide that cuts the island off from the continent are natural defenses that medieval architects and builders reinforced by constructing impressive defensive structures and tours.
Today, the site has become a national French symbol. The abbey houses the abbey church, cloister, dining hall, monk passage and the unmissable Merveille gardens. Explore the site at your own pace and discover the rich cultural history of the most famous French island!
Before entering the abbey, take a stroll through the picturesque town and narrow streets. You will be spellbound by the landmark's authenticity! Once on the Mont-Saint-Michel promenade, admire the magnificent panoramic view of the bay and the world's largest tide.
Good to know
- Availability: Monday to Sunday (excluding January 1, May 1, December 25 and other exceptional dates)
- Time: from 9am to 7pm depending on the period
- Duration: open tour
- Please note: On December 24 and 31, the Mont-Saint-Michel Abbey will close exceptionally at 4pm
- Last admission 2hr before closing
- An information leaflet will be handed to you at the entrance available in the following languages: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish and Korean
- Due to the large number of stairs within the Abbey and Mont-Saint-Michel, this activity is not suitable for persons of reduced mobility
- Nocturnal walks of the Abbey are available Monday to Saturday during the summer season (from July 1 to August 31)
- Admission is free to participants under 18 years of age and to EU residents under 26 years of age with valid proof of ID
- Free admission the 1st Sunday of the month between November 1 and August 31
Open Monday to Sunday from 9am to 7pm (May 2 to August 31) and from 9:30am to 6pm (September 1 to April 30)
- Fast-track ticket for the Abbey
- An information leaflet to accompany your tour
Price doesn’t include
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras