You would like
Meet a fun and experienced instructor
Visit Central Park in an original way
Learn outdoor survival techniques
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Duration 2 hours
Starting time 10:00 AM
Discover the basics of wilderness survival with an expert in the natural setting of Central Park!
Thom is a lover of nature and the outdoors who has been sharing his passion with residents and visitors to New York for more than 15 years. He regularly takes part in long-distance treks and camping expeditions in the forests of North America, pushing his limits and putting his survival skills to the test. His experience has equipped him with all you need to know about surviving in the wilderness.
During a walk through Central Park and North Woods, he'll share some of his survival secrets with you. Firstly, he'll introduce you to the plants and animals of the park and explain their roles in the ecosystem.
Next, you'll learn how to use plants in a survival context; how to distinguish between which are edible, which can be used to start a fire, and which contain drinking water. The activity will conclude with a fire-lighting workshop led by Thom.
Your spotterWhat is a spotter?
53 years old
Techniques de survie
«Nous ne faisons qu'un avec la nature»
Good to know
- Availability: Monday to Friday (excluding exceptional dates)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Time: 10am
- Languages: English, French
- Departure point: near to Central Park
- To take part in this activity, simply present your voucher to Thom upon arrival
- This activity will go ahead regardless of the weather (except in severe conditions). Please prepare clothing adapted to the forecast.
- The services of your guide/instructor
- The outdoor survival lesson and all necessary material
Price doesn’t include
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras