You would like
Discover an Amish village in a traditional cart
The services of a qualified guide
Tour of Philadelphia and Washington DC
Essential information *
Starting time 6:30 AM
You will leave NYC and head to your first destination, Philadephia, passing by the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Upon arrival, take a sightseeing bus tour to discover Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Elfert Alley, Liberty Bell, Constitution Square and Constitution Hall: all important symbols of American liberty.
You will then carry on to Washington DC, discovering the famous Rocky Steps and crossing the states of Delaware and Maryland. Upon arrival in DC, you will discover the Capitole, the Senate and the White House, accompanied by your guide. The tour of the capital then continues at the Lincoln Memorial and the Air and Space Museum.
Your day will begin with a visit to Arlington National Cemetery, to attend the changing of the guard and see the Kennedy tomb. Then you will head to the national Mint to see how American dollars are made!
After the mint, your bus will leave Philadelphia and head for Lancaster, the heart of the Amish lands. You will visit a traditional Amish village and discover their way of life, without modern technology, electricity, running water or telephones. Take a trip to an Amish market where you can try some local specialties or pick up some artisanal products for souvenirs.
The coach will then make its way back to New York, arriving in the early evening.
For this excursion, you are asked to reserve by the number and type of rooms required for your group.
Twin rooms are equipped with 2 single beds.
Example: a group of 3 can either reserve 3 x 'Tour for 1 with single room', 1 x 'Tour for 1 with single room' plus 1 x 'Tour for 2 with twin room', or 1 x 'Tour for 3 with triple room'.
Good to know
- Availability: Wednesdays (excluding exceptional dates)
- Duration: 2 days
- Departure time: 6:30am
- Departure point: 8th Avenue, central New York (exact address indicated on your voucher)
- Languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Hebrew, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean (max. 2 languages per guide)
- The bus is non-smoking, however stops will be arranged for smokers
- All buses are equipped with Wi-Fi
- You will not be able to take part in the tour if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or behave in a manner disruptive to the tour. No refunds will be offered in such cases
- The arrival back in New York is scheduled between 7pm and 8pm, depending on traffic
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult to take part in this activity
- Children under the age of 2 travel for free
- The advertised price corresponds to the price per person based on 2 people sharing a bedroom
- You will need to bring your passport to visit the Arlington National Cemetery
- 1 nights hotel accommodation (tax included)
- Transport by bus
- The services of a professional guide
- Tour of an Amish village
- Breakfast on the 2nd day
Price doesn’t include
- Dinners and lunches
- Individual insurance
- All purchases made during the tour, such as telephone calls, room service, drinks and so on
- Any other extras