Cruise along the wonderful canals of Xochimilco
Stroll through the heart of the National University campus
A trail themed around the great contemporary Mexican artist Frida Kahlo
Electronic booking voucher accepted
Starting time 9:00 AM
Set off towards the charming town of Coyoacan, located to the South of the city, where Frida Kahlo spent the majority of her life.
The town showcases colonial architecture, and you can admire many brightly coloured houses, numerous literary cafes and other interesting areas where you can spend an enjoyable moment or two. You will also visit the San Juan Bautista Church and the famous Frida Khalo Museum, the 'Casa Azul', where the artist and her husband Diego Rivera lived.
Your guide will then lead you to the National University, built between 1950 and 1954 as a symbol of the development of a modern Mexico. The spectacular campus boasts both modern and traditional architecture. You will also have the opportunity to see the Olympic Stadium, which was opened in 1968 for the Olympic Games in Mexico.
Your tour will continue on to Xochimilco, one of the most picturesque and colourful areas to the South of Mexico City, which brings together the many canals that have gradually replaced the former lake of the Aztec valley Anahuac. You will then climb aboard a small traditional Aztec boat, a 'Trajinera'. As you sail along the waters, you will get a glimpse of the former Aztec capital Tenochtitlan as it was before the conquistadors arrived in the region.
Good to know
- Availability: Tuesday to Sunday (excluding exceptional dates)
- Departure point: Avenue Hidalgo
- To take part in this activity you must present your voucher to the local service provider on the day
- Comfortable clothing and footwear recommended
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.
- Tour of Coyoacan with admission to the Frida Kahlo Museum
- Visit to the National University
- Cruise in a Trajinera on the floating gardens of Xochimilco
- Company of a qualified guide for the entire day
- Meals and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Any added extras
- Return transfer to/from your hotel in Mexico City
Bien.bon guideFrédéric K.Oct 17, 2014
Adorei o passeio e as orientações do Guia. Muito bom!Marlucia P.Apr 9, 2014
Très bien: ramassage à l'heure, guide interessant, visite interesante, transport confortableFrancoise M.Mar 31, 2014