You would like
Discover San Diego in just 1 day
Hotel del Coronado at Coronado Island
Visit the USS Midway
Essential information *
Duration 1 day
Starting time 6:30 AM
Head along the californian coast to visit San Diego on this day-trip from Los Angeles.
Firstly you will travel along the coast of California, stopping at La Jolla, the "New Beverly Hills", where you will be able to take in impressive views of the coast, before continuing on towards San Diego.
Once arrived, you will have the opportunity to explore the sea front and discover the San Diegan way of life that is so envied across the globe. You will continue your exploration aboard the USS Midway, a former aircraft carrier which has been transformed into a museum exhibiting a collection of 25 restored aeroplanes.
The trip will then take you to Coronado Island, where you will be able to see the 'Del Coronado', the legendary establishment credited with being the first hotel ever to use electric lighting. One of the oldest wooden buildings in California, it was also the set of the Marilyn Monroe film Some Like it Hot.
Your day will end with a visit to the San Diego History Centre, before you return to Los Angeles in the evening.
Good to know
- Availability: every Tuesday and Thursday (excluding exceptional dates)
- Departure time: 6:30am
- Departure point: Farmer's Market, Los Angeles
- Duration: 1 day
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese
- It is customary to leave a tip at the end of your trip
- Please bring a form of identification for entry into and exit from American territory
- Smoking is forbidden on the bus
- Participation in the tour will not be permitted, with no refund offered, to persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or behaving in a manner which could adversely effect the smooth running of the tour
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on this tour
- Children under the age of 2 ride for free