You would like
Discover Al Ain, a real oasis in the desert
Visit the old palace of Al Ain
Walk through the enormous camel market
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Duration 9 hours
Starting time 8:00 AM
Discover the famous oasis of Al Ain and its archaeological site which is more than 4,000 years old!
After pick-up from your hotel, you will set off across the desert towards the Hajar Mountains.
The tour continues with a visit to the Al Ain museum and the Al Jahili fort, the former residence of the local governor. You will then stop at the Al Ain Oasis where your guide will explain how the 'falaj', an important underground irrigation system, works. You'll be surprised to discover a sea of greenery in the desert!
Next, you will visit the old palace, the former residence of Sheikh Zayed, the founder of the United Arab Emirates. Before leaving Al Ain, you will stop near the hot springs at the foot of Jebel Hafeet, the highest point in the Emirate. You will also discover the largest camel market in the United Arab Emirates, after which you will be returned to Dubai and dropped off at your hotel.
Good to know
- Availability: every Thursday (excluding exceptional dates)
- Duration: 9 hrs. 30 mins approx.
- Departure time: 8am (hotel pick-up between 7:45am and 8:15am)
- Departure location: your hotel (hotel pick-up/drop-off available for hotels in Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman only)
- Language: tour commentated in English and one other language
- To take part in this activity simply present your booking voucher to the service provider on the day
- Transport will be in an air-conditioned vehicle. Some of the visits will be on foot
- We recommend that you wear light shoes and clothes which cover your shoulders and knees. You should also wear sunglasses and sun cream