You would like
Exploring Ypres and the surrounding area
Following in the footsteps of the First World War soldiers
A moving excursion, because of the duty to remember
Admission to the In Flanders Fields Museum
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Starting time 10:00 AM
Leave Brussels and travel to Ypres and the battlefields of Flanders and spend a day dedicated to the duty to remember the First World War.
Your guide will collect you from your hotel and take you to Ypres. You will visit the city that became the symbol of the Great War and the place where the conflict reached a stalemate. It is the home of around 170 war graves, like the Tyne Cot, where more than 12,000 Commonwealth soldiers are buried, or Vladslo, a German cemetery where 25,000 Prussian soldiers were laid to rest under the gaze of the Grieving Parents statue by Käthe Kollwitz.
You will then go to Diksmuide to enjoy a free time for lunch.
After your meal, you will visit the Trench of Death, one of the most dangerous Belgian military points on the front during the war. You will then return to Ypres to explore the historic centre, before visiting the In Flanders Fields Museum.
You will have the chance to enjoy some free time in Ypres before the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate. You will hear the bugles of the Menin fire brigade play “The Last Post”, the hymn that pays homage to those that died in the Commonwealth Army. This ceremony has taken place every day since the Menin Gate Memorial was unveiled in 1927, to honour the memory of those that gave their lives in the First World War.
You will return to Brussels at the end of an emotional day.
This booking is made on a group basis rather than per person.
--> Example: If you wish to book this activity for 4 people, you should simply select: [1 x Tour for 4 people]
Notes: The price per person will decrease according to the number of participants. The advertised price corresponds to the price per person based on a booking made for a group of 6.
Good to know
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
- Duration: 11 hrs. 30 mins approx.
- Time: 10am
- Departure point: your hotel in Brussels
- Languages: English, German, French, Dutch
- You will return to Brussels at around 9:30pm
- Dinner is not included (as well as for lunch) in the price of the activity, but you can have something to eat (at your own expense) when you have free time in Ypres if you wish to do so.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- The services of a private tour guide
- The tour of the battlefields of Flanders
- Admission to the In Flanders Fields Museum
Price doesn’t include
- Purchases made during the excursion
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras