Visit the most famous section of The Great Wall of China
Tour of the Forbidden City
The Sacred Road
Lunch in a local restaurant
Electronic booking voucher accepted
Tour with Commentary
Starting time 8:00 AM
Discover the Great Wall of Mutianyu and the Forbidden City with a private tour during your trip to Beijing!
Start your day by visiting the Great Wall of Mutianyu, less visited than the Badaling or Juyongguan sections of the wall.
This part of the wall is also accessible for children and the elderly (access by cable-car and toboggan). When you arrive you will be able to take a cable car to the top (1015 metres up) and survey the area from up high. To get there without getting the cable car, you have to walk around 30-45 minutes to get to the walkers entrance of the great wall.
You will have 3 hours to explore the historical site and soak up its magic as you follow the wall at your own pace. This section you will visit dates back to the Ming Dynasty and offers a view of the whole wall.
Then have lunch in a local restaurant.
At the start of the afternoon visit the famous Forbidden City commonly named the Imperial Palace. You will also come across the Beijing Palace Museum, a calmer corner of the Forbidden City, where you can discover incredible sculptures in jade, or even golden stupas etc...
Then walk along the Sacred Walk, a famous section of the wall, lined with guard animals which leads to the entrance.
You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the afternoon.
Good to know
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
- Location: The Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City
- The Forbidden City is closed on Mondays
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.
- Pick-up directly from your hotel
- Private transport by air-conditioned car/mini-van
- The services of a private French-speaking guide
- Entry tickets to the mentioned attractions
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Costs of the gondolas/cable-cars/toboggans/bus. (The Mutianyu cable-car is 80 CNY (€11) one way, and 100 CNY (€14) return)
- All other extras
This activity has not yet been rated by any members of the Ceetiz community