Commentary from an expert guide in French
Tour of The Summer Palace
Visit The Great Wall of China
Electronic booking voucher accepted
Starting time 8:00 AM
Explore the heart of China’s history during a private visit to The Great Wall of China and The Summer Palace
Start your day by visiting the Great Wall of Mutianyu, less visited than the Badaling or Juyongguan sections of the wall.
You will have 3 hours to explore the historical site and soak up its magic as you follow the wall at your own pace. The section you will visit dates back to the Ming Dynasty and offers a view of the whole wall. This part of the wall is also accessible for children and the elderly (access by cable-car and toboggan). To get there without getting the cable car, you have to walk around 30-45 minutes to get to the walkers entrance of the great wall, by the stairs, in the trees to get to the top of the mountain.
You will then have lunch in a local restaurant. You will be taken back to town at the start of the afternoon.
At the end of the afternoon, visit the famous Summer Palace and its imperial gardens. The Summer Palace was built in 1750 and today is one of the works of art in China’s landscape gardens. This palace is classed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and represents harmony from an architectural point of view. It is even considered “China’s Palace of Versailles”.
You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the afternoon.
Good to know
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
- Time: 8am
- Duration: 8 hours
- Location: The Great Wall of China
- Language: French
- The timings mentioned are for reference and are subject to change depending on the weather and traffic etc.
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.
- Return transfer from your hotel to the sites in an air-conditioned mini-van
- Commentary in French by your private guide
- Entry to The Great Wall of China
- Admission to The Summer Palace
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- All other extras
- The Mutianyu cable-car is 80 CNY (€11) one way, and 100 CNY (€14) return
This activity has not yet been rated by any members of the Ceetiz community