You would like
Discover the Montserrat mountain range
Enjoy a cava tasting
Admire the architecture of the church crypt, designed by Gaudi
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Duration 8 hours
Starting time 8:30 AM
This excursion will allow you to discover one of Gaudi's finest works – the Crypt of Colonia Guell – accompanied by a cava tasting, as well as a visit to the famous mountain range of Montserrat.
Setting off from Barcelona, a bus will take you to Colònia Güell, a manufacturing suburb located a 20-minute drive from Barcelona. Here you'll benefit from a guided tour to visit and learn about the town and its famous church, an unfinished architectural gem designed by Antoni Gaudi. Before leaving you will also taste a glass of Cava, the local sparkling wine.
You will then climb aboard a rack-railway train to travel up to the Montserrat mountain range, where your guide will give you an introduction to the site.
After a few hours of free time to visit Monserrat at your own pace, you will return to the bus and make your way back to Barcelona.
Good to know
- Availability (excluding exceptional dates)
Late march to early November: Monday to Saturday
Mid-November to late March: Monday and Friday
- Departure point: near Plaça Catalunya
- This excursion is free for children under 8 years of age
- On board the bus, you will be able to purchase an audio guide, available in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian for the additional fee of €5
- Return transport by bus
- Guided tour of Colonie Guell
- A glass of cava
- Train ticket (from Colonie Guell to Montserrat)
- Introduction to Montserrat
Price doesn’t include
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Audio guide on board the bus
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras