You would like
An excursion into the heart of the Catalan countryside
See the "Black Madonna"
Essential information *
Duration 5 hours 30 minutes
Starting time 9:30 AM
Head out of Barcelona to admire the picturesque Catalan villages that stand between the capital and the imposing Montserrat mountain range.
Board a bus and wind your way up the Montserrat moutain to reach an altitude of 1,236 meters.
Once you've reached the summit of Montserrat, you will visit the Royal Basilica of the Montserrat Monastery. Your guide will then lead you to the famous 12th-century Romanesque sculpture known as the "Black Madonna": the patron saint of Catalonia.
Whilst at the monastery, you'll have the opportunity to listen to the children's choir midday performance, and also to taste 4 traditional liqueurs produced onsite.*
The bus will travel back to Barcelona in the early afternoon.
*Excessive drinking carries health risks. Always drink responsibly.
Good to know
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
- Departure point: Plaça Catalunya
- To take part in this activity, simply present your voucher to the service provider on the day
- Out of respect for the cultural locations visited, please do not wear flip flops, shorts, skirts falling above the knees, short-sleeved tops or any other inappropriate clothing
- Transport to Montserrat by bus
- The guided tour of Montserrat's Royal Basilica
- An audiovisual presentation of the Montserrat monastery
- Tasting of various liqueurs
Price doesn’t include
- All items not included in the package
- Any purchases on the day
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras