You would like
The cruise on the River Kwaï
The experience of crossing the wooden viaduct on the train
Essential information *
Mandatory printed voucher
Duration 11 hours
Dive into the heart of Thai history on this guided tour, all about the 'Bridge on the River Kwaï'!
You will board your bus and head to Kanchanaburi, just to the east of the Myanmar border. Here, you will visit the JEATH World War Two Museum with your guide with who you will discover reconstructions of prisons of war and a photo exhibition retracing the history of Thailand since the war.
You will walk along the River Kwaï to the 'Bridge on the River Kwaï', constructed by World War Two prisoners, before taking a ride on the 'Railway of Death', during which you will cross a wooden viaduct from which you will be able to take in an exceptional view of the River Kwaï and the surrounding region.
After this, you will enjoy a cruise on the mythical Kwaï River and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant, where you will be able to taste typical Thai dishes.
Next stop is the Camp Soi Yoke, where you will spend time with elephants, with the opportunity to feed and pet them before enjoying some free time in the camp to admire the elephants.
On your return journey, you can once again admire the Thai countryside with its small wooden houses, rice fields and fruit plantations.
Good to know
- Availability: Daily (excluding exceptional dates)
- Time: 7:00am
- Departure Location: A shuttle will come and collect you between 6:00 am and 7:00
- Duration: 11 hours approximately
- Language of the tour: English
- Pick-up service is only available from certain Bangkok hotels. If you are not staying in one of them, we ask you to choose a hotel from the list which you are offered at the time of reservation.
- At least two people are required to make a reservation for this tour.
- The commentary of your tour will be in English
- The journey from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi is approximately two hours 30 minutes long.