Learn to cook 8 specialities from Bali then sample your creations!
A shuttle bus will come and collect you from your hotel and take you to the Tabanan region.
You will enjoy a welcome drink while listening to a brief talk about Balinese daily life.
You will then begin your cookery class, during which you will learn to cook up 8 dishes that the Balinese eat regularly. Depending on the season, you will cook 8 dishes from among the following:
- Ayam Betutu = roast chicken wrapped in a banana leaf
- Ayam Sambel Bejek = chicken with chilli, shallots and lemongrass
- Base Ayam = spicy chicken paste
- Base Genep = basic spicy paste
- Base Ikan = a spicy fish paste
- Bubur Injin = black rice pudding
- Bumbu Sate = peanut sauce
- Kaldu Ayam = chicken broth
- Lawar Gedang = minced papaya and meat
- Nasi Goreng = a fried rice dish
- Nasi Kuning = a yellow rice and coconut milk dish
- Pepes Tuna = grilled tuna wrapped in a banana leaf
- Pergedel = fish dumpling
- Pisang Goreng = fried banana
- Sapi/Babi Kecap = beef or pork in a sweet soy sauce
- Sate lilit Tuna = meat skewer
- Sate Tusuk Ayam = chicken skewer
- Sayur Urab = mixed vegetables
- Tuna Soup = tuna soup with papaya
- Tempe Manis = fermented soy in a sweet sauce
- Tum Sapi/Babi = beef or pork wrapped in a banana leaf
You will have a break to try some Balinese cake and quench your thirst with a tea, coffee or water before continuing with your cookery class
You will then taste your own creations and enjoy the different flavours of Indonesian cuisine.
Lastly, the shuttle will take back you to the hotel.