Guided tour of Amsterdam's Red Light District
Home > Netherlands > Amsterdam
Commentary and anecdotes from your expert guide
Completely safe walk in Zeedijk
Discover the dark side of Amsterdam
Visit the Red Light District, one of Amsterdam's most famous areas, and discover a hidden side of the Dutch capital at night.
Your expert guide will accompany you to "Red Light Secrets", a museum about prostitution, where you will learn about the Dutch system of legal prostitution. You will then have the opportunity to chat with a former 'lady of the night' who will answer all your questions.
Your guided tour will continue through the streets of the Red Light District, past the illuminated red neon windows.
Once one of Amsterdam's most dangerous roads, your next stop on the tour, Zeedijk, is nowadays part of a vibrant party area.
Good to know
- Availability: Every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in the Winter and every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the Summer (excluding exceptional cases)
- Departure point: Near to the central station
- Duration: 2 hours approximately
- Languages: English, Spanish, German
- The tour is only available in German during the summer.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the tour's departure.
- The consumption of alcohol and drugs before or during this activity is strictly forbidden. Anyone under the influence of these substances will be refused entry to the tour and no refund will be provided.
- You must be over 18 years old to take part in this tour.
- Identification must be shown at the beginning of the tour to verify your date of birth.
- This guided tour is not intended to promote the solicitation of prostitutes and pimping.
Between 7 and 4 days prior: 50% of the price
After this time and in case of a no-show: 100% of the price
Any reservation made for special dates cannot be cancelled, modified or refunded.
Price includes :
- Commentary from your guide
- 'Red Light Secrets', the prostitution museum
- Complementary drink at 'Red Light Secrets'
- Guided tour of Zeedijk and Chinatown
Price excludes :
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- All food and drink during the tour
- All other extras
Detailed information, particularly information related to the exact location of the departure point, will be provided upon reservation.
“The guide, Chantelle (I think), was absolutely awesome. Information she provided was current and topical. Extremely worthwhile.”
May 27, 2014